Kregen is a world with seven moons and two suns. Needless to say, calculating tides can be a difficult prospect, and in addition, when alignments occur, the spring tides can potentially be devastating. Thus, a sect of Tide Priests, called the Todalpheme, spend their lives calculating tidal patterns for the benefit of society. In return, they are generally supported by the population at large.
The Todalpheme reside in Akhrams, which inevitably are centres of learning and knowledge. Thus it seemed sensible to title my Kregen Reference Page, Akhram.
- After much popular demand, the Map of Vallia is finally complete! Complete and ready for viewing. A full colour version will be forthcoming eventually.
- Likewise, a Map of Paz is available here, which was originally posted to the Kregen egroups list. It was made by pasting together the two maps from books five and eleven.
- A simple Map of Pandahem is here as well; this is an enlargement and cleaning-up of Ken's original map.
- A Hypothetical Map of Schan. There seemed to be some demand for this, so I decided to create this map, purely from imagination, inspired by a conversation on eGroups - Kregen.
- A Brief Guide to Schan
Since virtually no details about Schan are available, I decided to make some up. All the major regions of the Schan map are mentioned here in at least passing detail.
- Ken's Notes!
On my trip to visit Ken I was able to make copies of some of Ken's notes, mostly maps. One by one I will be posting them here.
- How to make a Kregen Globe using Els' Globe images. Full insrtuctions including pictures and illustrations.
Care & Feeding of Vollers
How do Vollers work? Find out here, coming soon. Also, some interesting ramifications of the Voller technology, including some new ideas on Voller design.
A long-standing demand has been for a comprehensive glossary of Kregen. In the long run I would like to include one here. Currently I am making notes for each book, and will eventually post those lists here.